The Student Pastor will oversee High School and Middle School ministries of the church and assist in fulfilling pastoral roles within the church, consistent with the purpose and mission of H2O.Church, Ada, Oklahoma. In addition, the Student Pastor will assist the Lead Pastor in church duties and Sunday morning responsibilities.
Experience and knowledge preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in church leadership. Student ministry experience preferred.
- Ability to lead teams effectively.
- Passion for the Church, H2O.Church’s vision, people and serving in the Kingdom.
- Committed and personally vested in the well-being and success of the Students at H2O.Church.
- Organizational, practical and goal-oriented leadership.
- Passion for learning and excitement to learn through experience.
- Pastoral, discerning and confident leadership.
- Professional representation of H2O.Church and the Lord at all times.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Plan, structure and lead H2O Student Ministry activities.
- Assist with the set-up, tear down and clean-up of H2O.Church Experience room for weekly Youth events.
- Create avenues for students to hear the gospel, develop healthy relationships, be discipled, grow in obedience and live on mission.
- Connect with students in their environment to develop core student ministry relationships.
- Engage the students in serve teams on Sunday mornings and mission opportunities.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and Safety Team to develop & maintain policies and procedures for the leaders and students in order to maintain safety and security of the ministry.
- Oversee the development, direction and communication of the H2O Student Ministry utilizing key volunteers from the parents, college ministry and young adults.
- Plan and implement effective seasonal activities/camps/mission trips for the H2O students to keep them connected and growing them in their faith.
- Build an adult leadership team to lead, disciple, and engage with H2O students and our community.
- Commit to the core values of H2O.Church and willing to meet partnership requirements.
- Spend time evaluating and developing each Student Leader. Identify next steps for their leadership development.
- Spend time connecting with the H2O Students Leadership Team on a regular basis.
- Develop relationships in the community with schools and organizations in order to build bridges into student culture.
- Ensure that the systems and structures in place for H2O.Church are used to help students take their next step.
- Create age appropriate atmospheres for Middle School & High School Students.
- Partner with parents or guardians to lead their children to be Fully Devoted Followers of Christ.
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers to love and lead students.
- Manage student areas in a professional manner.
- Develop and oversee the H2O Student Ministry budget.
- Partner with the H2O Connections Pastor to develop H2O Student Ministry LifeGroups.
- Support and champion leadership.
- Love for God.
- Love for People.
- Excellent work ethic.
- A person of integrity, an attitude of a servant, and devoted to the call of God and H2O.Church.
- A good steward of church resources.