To provide leadership, vision, and direction that creates a life-giving atmosphere of vibrant and engaging discipleship and evangelism for the children, parents, and children’s ministry team of H2O.Church. The Children’s Pastor will manage the church-wide direction of H2OKids (Birth-6th grade) across all H2OKids classrooms. This oversight includes responsibility for H2OKids, volunteers, recruiting/training/appreciation, check-in processes, communication, Wednesday programming, weekend programming, summer and summer camp, and other events.
Experience and knowledge preferred:
- Ability to communicate the Gospel through various means to children at various ages.
- Leadership background and experience serving with kids. Heart for children and parents.
- Proven ability to lead staff and team.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to articulate and implement the mission and vision of H2O.Church.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills working with H2O leaders, parents, and kids.
- Solid theological grounding and creativity in kids’ ministry curriculum in agreement with statement of faith and core values of H2O.
- Positive attitude and positive approach to problem-solving. Must be solution-oriented.
- Computer competency in Planning Center, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and pursuit of excellence through attention to detail.
- B.A. or equivalent experience
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Oversee and organize children’s ministry at H2O.Church.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of policies and procedures at H2O.Church and enforce compliance.
- Enforce children’s ministry facility standards.
- Implement, develop, and find training processes for kid's leaders within H2OKids.
- Lead and build teams to execute all aspects of children’s ministry for the weekend, Konnect, and summer experiences.
- Discover, develop, and deploy high-quality leaders for all H2OKids needs.
- Consistent weekly communication with key leaders and parents.
- Develop a healthy community among parents and equip and provide materials to parents for discipleship.
- Oversee all aspects of H2OKids department administration to include all the above mentioned in addition to budget forecasting, purchasing, departmental account tracking, and human resource needs.
- Actively participate and engage with local schools and the community.
- Responsible for recruiting and training leaders/volunteers.
- Help develop and maintain all safety standards for H2OKids.
- Track growth for future development, in alignment with the next steps from the Connections Pastor.
- Oversee and develop the Sunday and Wednesday experiences for birth through 6th grade.
- Develop/research curriculum for children that reflects the teaching of H2O.Church.
- Oversee special event planning, including summer camps, Easter, H2OKids events and volunteer appreciation events.
- Oversee the quality of services and function.
- Lead department meetings and empower staff to fulfill their unique roles.
- Oversee and develop all internal and external communication that represents the H2O.Church Kids department. (Check in Planning Center process)
- Maintain strong communication and connection with Lead Pastor to ensure the church's vision is implemented in all aspects of family ministry.
- Staff childcare for special events including Life Groups and other duties that may be assigned.
- Weekly contact with kids and leaders
- Connect with the community.
- Connect with local schools.
- Positive attitude
- Heart of a servant
- Someone with a passion and fire in their belly to see kids give their lives to Christ!
- Must share in the Mission of H2O.Church to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion.